Access ejournals, databases and ebooks
Log in as a Library member
In order to access ejournals, databases and ebooks from home, you need to be a Library member with a current State Library card.
Remember, the eresources are for private research and study purposes by Victorian residents only.
Become a Library member
Not a member of the Library? Sign up for a Library card online. Membership benefits include:
- Access to thousands of online databases, journals, newspapers, magazines and ebooks (for Victorian residents only).
- Access to more of our collection, including books, journals, newspapers, music, images, maps, manuscripts and more.
After you sign up, we will post your card to you or hold it for you to collect at the Library.
Conditions of access
By logging in to use these databases from home, you have agreed to abide by the following conditions:
- Use of databases is governed by licence agreements between the publishers and the Library, and users are required to comply with the terms and conditions of the licences.
- Use of databases must be for private research and study purposes only – no use is allowed for business, commercial or work-related purposes.
- Where no statement restricting copying is evident, users should assume that, as a minimum requirement, they are obliged to comply with the Australian Copyright Act. Information on copyright is available from the Australian Copyright Council.
- Use is to be by the registered individual only – access is not transferable to other parties.
- Where the Library has reasonable grounds to suspect that a user has either breached these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of third-party information providers, the Library will disclose information to those relevant third parties.
- The Library reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.